Infinite Dreams has announced that Sky Force Anniversary will launch on the Xbox One this December 9th. The game is a modern, air-based shooter and a recreation of the original Sky Force. The original game was praised as “a near-perfect shoot ‘em up” which scored an outstanding 9.5/10 on IGN over a decade ago.
Sky Force Anniversary dares to mix the old with the new. The game preserves the old school, arcade shooter feeling of the original title while adding what players expect from a modern shoot ’em up: highly-polished graphics, new game modes, and tons of replay value. The game features an extensive single player campaign where players’ main objective is to save the world from General Mantis, the deceitful leader of evil forces. In order to defeat him, gamers will have to blast through hordes of enemies, collect funds, rescue civilians and constantly enhance their ship with new, devastating power-ups.
Sky Force Anniversary allows players to choose between various types of weapons, passive skills and power-ups, starting from the impenetrable magnetic shield and ending with the mighty mega-bomb that annihilates all visible enemies with a huge blast. There are a plethora of opponents and bosses waiting on every corner. There are tanks, fighters, choppers, ships, turrets, bombers. Basically, Sky Force Anniversary has them all.
Completing the main campaign won’t be the end of the adventure. Players can invite their friends and enjoy the game in local co-op mode; fulfill additional goals like completing a mission without a scratch or rescuing all civilians; and finally, they can compete with others by participating in weekly tournaments that take place on unique new levels, updated every 7 days.
Sky Force Anniversary will be available on Xbox One thanks to ID@Xbox, Microsoft’s program which enables qualified game developers of all sizes to unleash their creativity by self-publishing digital games on Xbox One, giving studios the tools and support needed to maximize their success.
Sky Force Anniversary Key Features:
- Take part in a beautifully crafted Single Player campaign.
- Rescue fallen friends and collect funds to enhance your ship by buying shields, guns, missiles, lasers, mega-bombs and many more.
- Fight hordes of enemies, confront gargantuan bosses and defeat General Mantis – the nasty leader of evil forces.
- Invite your friends and experience an adrenaline-packed 2 player local co-op mode.
- Compete in weekly tournaments that take place on unique, new levels, updated every 7 days.
Price / release date info:
- Price: $9.99
- Pre-Orders available now.
- Release date: December 9th