The team behind Assetto Corsa has given us a glimpse of the future! The first Assetto Corsa patch (not counting the launch day patch) is already planned to come out for the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One versions of the game later on September. So what will be included in the patch you ask? Well, here are just some of the features announced for console players.
- Framerate will be smoother and screen tearing issues have been resolved.
- Players will be able to select their starting position in the race options screen.
- On launching Assetto Corsa, the game will recognise the device you are using, when selecting the ‘X’ (PlayStation 4) or ‘A’ (Xbox One) button in the start screen.
- Thrustmaster T80, T100 and TH8 shifter functionality has been improved.
- A new option which allows the player to set the visual steering lock to any degree is coming.
- 2 additional difficulty levels – ‘Very Easy’ and ‘Very Hard’.
- AI strengths have been re-balanced, in response to community feedback.
Be mindful that not everything that will be in the patch has been announced yet. The Assetto Corsa team has assured us that a full list of additions, fixes, and features will be announced in due course. Rest assured, Assetto Corsa 1.0 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is just the start!