Is the god-sim genre being resurrected? Dutch publisher SOEDESCO Publishing and indie developer Abbey Games have teamed up to announced the release of REUS, a game they are labeling as “the tactical god-sim,” on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as digital and retail products. The game is expected to launch in Q3 2016.
In Reus, you will be playing as four giants with superpowers. Each giant has its own strengths and with all their powers combined you’ll shape and evolve the planet to let your tiny humans live in prosperity and peace, as long as that is what you want.
Features of REUS
- Control four mighty giants, each with their unique abilities
- Terra-form the planet to your will, experiment with different terrain types
- A complex system of upgrades and synergies allows for endless styles of play
- Observe humanity, let your giants praise or punish them
- Enjoy an interesting art style and a strong soundtrack
- Enrich the planet with over 100 plants, animals and minerals
- Unlock new content by helping humanity achieve numerous developments
What are your thoughts on being a god? Let us know in the comments!