The developer of the award winning space exploration game Kerbal Space Program (KSP), Squad, has just announced that the game will be available via digital download on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on July 12th and July 15th respectively, with the Wii U™ version due this winter!
What is KSP? What can I do in KSP?
Create your own spacecraft, launch it into space to explore the galaxy, and visit a vast amount of planets; assuming you can get it off the ground! Once you’ve made it to deep space, KSP lets you capture asteroids, launch mining programs to find resources across the furthest reaches of the solar system and build space stations around planets you discover.
Kerbal Space Program offers three game modes:
- In Sandbox, where you’re free to build anything your imagination can come up with;
- Science Mode lets you perform scientific experiments and advance the knowledge of Kerbals to unlock new technologies;
- Career Mode, places you in control of every aspect of the space program including crew management, reputation building, as well as embarking on side missions called ‘contracts’ to earn funds and upgrade your space center facilities.
- Easy to pick up and play for gamers of all ages.
- Build anything from simple rockets to a real space shuttle!
- Simulate flight with a fully-realistic physics engine that ensures every ship flies and crashes just as it should.
- Fly to moons and distant planets using the game’s unique procedural terrain to explore the galaxy.
- Send your Kerbals into outer space to become heroes!
- Engage in the tycoon-style career mode for your space program.
- The Asteroid Redirect Mission was made in collaboration with NASA!
Are you as exited as we are to finally have confirmation of KSP’s launch date? It is just a few more days until you can launch your space exploration program on consoles!