AREA 34 has announced TINY METAL, a military-themed turn-based tactical game for PlayStation 4 and PC developed by a team of industry veterans from Japan known as Project Milk. TINY METAL draws inspiration from titles like Advance Wars and aims to modernize this long-forgotten game genre with deep tactical gameplay for both casual and hardcore fans, an engaging story, and a mesmerizing soundtrack. Project Milk is headed by Hiroki Kikuta, who is best known as the composer of Secret of Mana, but also has extensive experience creating games, with TINY METAL marking his triumphant return to game development.
TINY METAL was recently greenlit on Steam and Project Milk has prepared a playable prototype for players to see their progress. Currently on Kickstarter, Project Milk hopes to raise $50,000 USD by October 18 to fund development. Backer rewards include digital copies of the game starting at $15 USD as well as physical copies of TINY METAL for PlayStation 4 or PC, character cards, figurines, and joining the team to design missions or characters.
TINY METAL’s story focuses on lieutenant Nathan Gries from the Kingdom of Artemisia as he commands his forces against the treacherous Zipang shogunate, who are responsible for the assassination of Artemisia’s king and leadership. Mystery, intrigue, and of course, political drama ensue over the course of the 8-10 hour single-player campaign. Varied factions, units, and abilities will come into play and strategy is key, requiring careful consideration of the terrain, positioning for attacks, and strategic advancements and defenses.
- EXPERIENCE the future of military-themed turn-based tactics games.
- FIGHT your way through an eight-hour story-rich campaign rife with political drama.
- AVENGE your beloved king and peoples of Artemisia against the evil Zipang shogunate.
- PLAN your next move with deep tactical gameplay requiring courage and skill.
- COMPETE against friends in multiplayer skirmishes.
- BEHOLD a memorable cast of beautifully hand-drawn allies and villains.
- LISTEN to a catchy and upbeat soundtrack by I Am Setsuna composer Tomoki Miyoshi.
TINY METAL is expected to have a June 2017 release.